Problems with RH8 and Built in Broadcom Gb Nics

Eric Swenson eric at reaction-eng.com
Thu Dec 19 20:19:00 CST 2002

As far as I know, all of the Broadcom gigabit copper nics that I've seen
(including the ones built-in to a lot of the Poweredge servers) will use the
bcm5700 module, although I could be wrong.

They'll also use the tg3 module by default, but I would stay away from that
until the updated version which doesn't crash your machine makes it into the
next Redhat errata kernel.

 $0.02  -Eric