Holiday Greetings from Dell

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Thu Dec 19 17:15:00 CST 2002

Holiday Greetings to all.  As the end of the year approaches, we'd
like to share our regards and thanks to everyone who has helped make
this last year so successful.  Some items of note this past year:

Per IDC results, Dell is #1 in the US Linux Server space, #2 Worldwide
(and gaining!).

The Linux-PowerEdge mailing list nearly tripled its membership.  I
express my deep thanks for the many hundreds of customers helping each
other daily through this forum.

Dell's Linux team released a lot of software on a lot of hardware (6-8
workstations, ~30 servers, scores of peripherals and components).

Red Hat Linux 7.2 (IA-64 servers)
Red Hat Linux 7.3 (x86 servers and workstations)
Red Hat Linux 8.0 (x86 servers and workstations)

Dell was the first company to offer systems Certified with Red Hat
Linux Advanced Server 2.1 (x86 servers).  We'll continue to add to
that list after the holidays.  Dell PowerEdge servers are the #1
choice by customers running AS2.1.

Reaching into the enterprise space, Dell now offers Oracle 9i Database
and Oracle 9i Real Application Cluster Database Certified
Configurations on RHL AS2.1.  We have made great strides in the
Storage Area Network space through our partnership with EMC.

None of this would be possible without our great customers.  Thank You!

Most of the Linux development team will be taking the next couple
weeks off, spending time with family and friends and generally
decompressing from the year, preparing for next year's fun.  We hope
you can do the same.

Thanks,
Matt

P.S.  I'll be at LinuxWorld NYC in January.  If you're there, stop by
the Dell booth and introduce yourself - I'd love to meet you.

--
Matt Domsch
Dell Linux Solutions www.dell.com/linux