Why does Dell continue to use Broadcom?

Brent DiNicola brentd at cicada-semi.com
Thu Dec 19 09:05:01 CST 2002

I think your mistaken here to suggest that they cause
nothing but trouble. I have had nothing but trouble
with the Intel cards. It goes both ways, and IIRC the
Broadcom is not cheaper. So taking a broader view I
think they are doing what makes sense to them, and
remember, thier primary market is Windows, maybe that
is where they are working better.

Brent