1500sc

Muttalip Saygin mutty at linuxmail.org
Wed Dec 18 09:17:01 CST 2002

Hi all..
As a Linux on Poweredge newbie I would like to expalin my trouble:
I am trying to install redhat 7.2, 7.3 or 8.0 on 1500SC without perc.
System has 39160 Adaptec chipset and aic7xxx(6.2.5) suitable for this chip.

Install starts, Redhat detects card and disk, I prepare filesystem layout, choose packages, formating starts and
then error massage appears as: "Error mounting device sda2 as / invalid argument.This is most likely means this partition has not been formatted.OK to reboot"

Actually I have two disks.I receive this error message when I used  18GB Quantum as first disk,
When I used  other Fijitsu 34GB as first even I can not fdisk manually it says:Unable to open /dev/sda

Is there a tricky way to install Linux on Poweredge??
Anybody can help me ..
thnx
mutty
http://www.linuxmail.org/