telnet connections

bscott@ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Dec 17 18:49:01 CST 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, at 5:43pm, eric at reaction-eng.com wrote:
>>> Is there any way to view or modify the number of connections somewhere on
>>> the system?
>>
>> The connection rate limiting is controlled by xinetd.  See the
>> /etc/xinetd.conf file, and the files in the /etc/xinetd.d/ directory.
>
> This is, of course, assuming that you *meant* to run telnet in the first
> place.  Very insecure.  Have you tried SSH?

  I dunno about anyone else, but I use SSH (specifically, OpenSSH, and Putty
on those occasions I need to use MS-Windows) extensively.  Telnet is
firewalled out from any network I admin, and is usually turned off
completely.  We do still have a couple customers running it internally, on
their "trusted LAN", though.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>