(no subject)

Darren poweredge at shrewfoot.net
Tue Dec 17 11:50:01 CST 2002

I've recently run into a LILO problem on multiple poweredge 1550s when
console redirection is enabled.  All seems to work well unless I enable
the serial console of lilo with
        serial=0,9600n8

With that in my /etc/lilo.conf, booting halts at 'LI'.  If I take that
back out, booting continues normally.  It also works fine if I turn
console redirection off in the BIOS, so I can either have access to the
BIOS setup or LILO but not both.

I don't have the same problem with 1650s, only 1550s.  Has anyone else run
into this or know how I might work around it?

--d