Problems installing Dell Openmanage 1.2 onto my PE2650

Brian Smith BSmith at lyrix.com
Fri Dec 13 08:43:01 CST 2002

Gary,

You might try performing a 'depmod -a' to ensure your module dependencies
are set correctly and then try again.   Or try performing 'insmod esm.o'
before 'insmod dcesm.o'.

I'm guessing there is another module that needs to be loaded before dcesm.o
so the symbols are available for it.

- Brian

                    "Gary Mansell"
                    <GRMansell at ricardo.c        To:     "jason andrade" <jason at dstc.edu.au>
                    om>                         cc:     <linux-poweredge at dell.com>
                    Sent by:                    Subject:     RE: Problems installing Dell Openmanage 1.2 onto my PE2650
                    linux-poweredge-admi
                    n at dell.com

                    12/13/02 09:05 AM

Dear Jason,

As I mentioned in my previous email, I have followed all of these
instructions and I can sucessfully get the module to compile OK.

The problem I have (which is not mentioned anywhere that I can find in the
list submissions) is that I cannot insert the module - I get unresolved
symbol errors:

[root at dfgsrv misc]# insmod dcesm.o
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol __wake_up
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol register_chrdev
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol EsmStopDev
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol EsmDeviceIoControl
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol sleep_on
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol EsmDD1SecTimerDpcRoutine
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol EsmDDStart
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol EsmStartDev
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol EsmDDStop
dcesm.o:
Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
      and it has unresolved symbols.  Contact the module supplier for
      assistance, only they can help you.

Gary Mansell
Senior Technical Analyst
IT Department
Ricardo Consulting Engineers Ltd.          Direct Line:    01273 794485
Bridge Works,                              Switchboard:    01273 455611
Shoreham By Sea,                             Facsimile:    01273 794699
West Sussex.                                  Internet: www.ricardo.com
BN43 5FG                                  E-Mail: GRMansell at ricardo.com