Problems installing Dell Openmanage 1.2 onto my PE2650

Gary Mansell GRMansell at ricardo.com
Fri Dec 13 06:51:00 CST 2002

Dear all,

I am having trouble installing Dell Openmanage 1.2 onto my PE2650 server running kernel 2.4.18-18.7.xsmp.

I have followed the instructions in the thread about the issues with with this and can now get the kernel module to compile but it will not install:

Building device driver for running kernel:                 [  OK  ]

I presume that the loading function is infact trying to insmod of the just compiled module so if I manually try and load it  by doing:

insmod /usr/lib/dell/openmanage/omsa/drivers/open_src/2.4.18-18.7.xsmp/lib/modules/2.4.18-18.7.xsmp/misc/dcesm.o

I get the following output:

dcesm.o: unresolved symbol __wake_up
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol register_chrdev
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol EsmStopDev
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol EsmDeviceIoControl
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol sleep_on
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol EsmDD1SecTimerDpcRoutine
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol EsmDDStart
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol EsmStartDev
dcesm.o: unresolved symbol EsmDDStop
dcesm.o:
Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
      and it has unresolved symbols.  Contact the module supplier for
      assistance, only they can help you.

I do not know where to go from here....

Thanks in advance for any help

Gary Mansell