OpenManage and RH 7.3 + Custom Kernel.

Jeremy_Sheard@Dell.com Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com
Thu Dec 12 18:22:00 CST 2002

These services will indicate "unrecognized" after the installation of OMSA
if you do NOT have a DRAC III / ERA (Embedded Remote Access) Controller
installed in your server as the services could not find this hardware in
your server.

racser: unrecognized service
racvnc: unrecognized service
racsrvc: unrecognized service

No, you do not need to reboot after the installation of OMSA is
finished/installed.  It doesn't hurt to reboot either though.

Thanks,

Jeremy Sheard
DELL Server Support

-----Original Message-----
From: devnull at adc.idt.com
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Sent: 12/12/2002 5:41 PM
Subject: OpenManage and RH 7.3 + Custom Kernel.

Could someone throw some light on this.

I am trying to install the Open Manager to administer a Poweredge 1650
which is running RH 7.3 and kernel 2.4.20-ac1

I downloaded "DOMN32A00.tar" from Dell's website(version 1.2) and
when i try to install it. When i use start_text.sh i get,

Turning off DMA on IDE CDROM drives.
Disabling DMA for CDROM /dev/hda
./sysid: error while loading shared libraries: libdchapi32.so.4: cannot
Checking Dependencies...
Installing...
Server Administrator Installation in progress ...
Installation Finished.
racser: unrecognized service
racvnc: unrecognized service
racsrvc: unrecognized service

When i use start.sh

the gui comes up and finally i am told that i dont have the appropriate
kernel sources. Under /usr/src i have a symlink "linux" that points to
linux-2.4.20. I am booted into linux-2.4-20-ac1 when i try to install.

Do i need to install any other piece of software.

Also, do we really need to "reboot" the machine after completing the
install.

Wont a /etc/thercdir/ScriptName start work ?

/dev/null

devnull at adc.idt.com