OT: PowerChute Plus for RedHAT

Brian Smith BSmith at lyrix.com
Thu Dec 12 13:33:05 CST 2002

Hi Kevin,

I'd recommend ignoring the APC software and using apcupsd:
http://www.sibbald.com/apcupsd/

It's a nice program and it doesn't require any B.Gates software to monitor.
Not sure if it fits your requirements.  Good luck.

- Brian

                    "Collins, Kevin"
                    <KCollins at nesbittengine        To:     linux-poweredge at dell.com
                    ering.com>                     cc:
                    Sent by:                       Subject:     OT: PowerChute Plus for RedHAT
                    linux-poweredge-admin at d
                    ell.com

                    12/12/02 01:53 PM

I know this will be off topic, but it does apply to my PE2400 and Dell
purchased APC Smart-UPS devices.

Can someone please tell me where I can download "PowerChute Plus" for
RedHAT
7.3 or higher?  One of the final things I need to upgrade my PE2400s to
Linux is this software so I can have my UPS'es work like they should.

I've tried the APC website, and every download link I can find points me to
something call "Powerchute Business Edition" which needs a Windblows
machine
to manage it.

The CD I have that came with the UPS'es only supports RedHAT 6.2 and I do
not want to use that.

Any pointers/links will be helpful.

Kevin L. Collins, MCSE
Systems Manager