PE2600

Amit_Bhutani@Dell.com Amit_Bhutani at Dell.com
Thu Dec 12 11:18:01 CST 2002

On an IA32 - i686 platform, I think the SMP Kernel can support up to 4 GB or
RAM. The enterprise kernel (which by the way is now officially referred to
as the "bigmem" kernel by Red Hat)is used more commonly where memory > 4 GB
up to 64 GB is required. Also with earlier versions at least in the case of
7.0, I was forced to use the enterprise kernel because in addition to using
large amounts of memory, I wanted LFS (Large File Support)....all 9 yards of
it! ;-)
Amit B