PE2600

Zeki Mokhtarzada zekispam at freewebs.com
Thu Dec 12 09:24:00 CST 2002

On a 2600 with dual xeons and 2gb of ram running postgresql, would it be
better to use a standard smp kernel, or an enterprise kernel?  How much
memory do the standard smp kernels support?  Are there other
considerations in choosing the enterprise kernel?  I will not be using any
of the LVM features of the kernel and the database will be around 5 or 10
gigs.

I've searched around and found that 1gb or ram is the limit for older
kernels, but I don't know if that limit still exists.

Thanks.