Having trouble creating mirror w/afacli

Mark Knutsen knutsenm at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 11 11:29:01 CST 2002

I have a PowerEdge 2500 running Red Hat 7.2. Split backplane. I just added
two new 73GB drives and I want to create a single mirror container across
both of them without rebooting.

Tried the following (roughly) in afacli:

open afa0
disk initialize (0,02,0)
disk initialize (1,05,0)
controller rescan
container create volume /cache=TRUE /label=Pool ((0,2,0))
  [ New container is #3 ]
container create mirror /io_delay=10 /wait=FALSE 3 (1,5,0)
container list /full
  [ Shows State as "UnProt" ]
container scrub 3
  [ Fails after 1.1% ]
enclosure show slot
  [ Status of two new drives are "OK FAILED CRITICAL ACTIVATE" ]

Yet I can fdisk /dev/sdd under Linux, create partitions, and mount them.

What did I do wrong? I am using the afaapps-2.7-2, which installed and ran
fine.