Server Adminsitrator for new kernel 2.4.18-18.7.x

Brian J. Smith-Sweeney bsweeney at physics.ucsb.edu
Tue Dec 10 17:13:00 CST 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 14:14, jason andrade wrote:
> On 10 Dec 2002, Brian J. Smith-Sweeney wrote:
>
> > FYI, those instructions didn't completely work for me.  When I got to
> > the point where I'd run the start_text.sh script it would overwrite my
> > edited module and fail to run . Other folks expressed similar issues on
> > the dell forums; see the following thread for more info:
>
> Sorry Brian.  I've generally just used the install script as i've usually
> done a RH7.3 fresh install, kernel update to 2.4.18-10, OMSA 1.2 install,
> kernel update to 18-18.7.x, OMSA 1.2 patch, which has worked ok.
>
> I've been given some additional information by Steve and inserted that
> into the text message that was archived there (basically the minor
> change is to install the dellomsa as well as dellomsa-drivers)
>
> I've taken the forum bits out and added them to the text file for future
> reference.

No worries; I'm glad the install instructions are there!  They kept me
from doing my headers hack that I was worried about (earlier post).  I
just mentioned it b/c I know lots of people on this list have pointed to
those instructions, and the additions from the forum are pretty key.

-Brian
Brian Smith-Sweeey
Senior Systems Administrator
University of California, Santa Barbara