Server Adminsitrator for new kernel 2.4.18-18.7.x

Tue Dec 10 15:34:00 CST 2002

Jason I hope you can edit this for me in the txt file below, I made a small
error when I typed the doc and omitted that with installing the
dellomsa-drivers you also need to in the same line use --nodeps and install
dellomsa as well and then after you run the start_text.sh you have to recopy
the edited dcesm.c file again and then everything works without a hitch.

My bad, I should have posted this a lot earlier but I'm putting out numerous
PowerEdge Fires right now ;).  Please accept my humble apologies and have a
good week.
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian J. Smith-Sweeney [mailto:bsweeney at physics.ucsb.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 3:19 PM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Re: Server Adminsitrator for new kernel 2.4.18-18.7.x

FYI, those instructions didn't completely work for me.  When I got to
the point where I'd run the start_text.sh script it would overwrite my
edited module and fail to run . Other folks expressed similar issues on
the dell forums; see the following thread for more info:

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=pes_linux&mes
sage.id=597

The last post of in that thread by fritzm on 12-9-02 is the one I
followed.  It worked without issue.

-Brian
On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 11:58, jason andrade wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 MiltF at GTSServices.com wrote:
>
> > I need to build the driver for the new kernel where are the instructions
>
> http://planetmirror.com/pub/dell/linux/OMSA/omsa120-rh73.txt
>
> http://planetmirror.com/pub/dell/linux/OMSA/omsa120-rh73-install
>

> regards,
>
> -jason