Dynamic Kernel support for kernels 2.4.18-18.7.xsmp

Tue Dec 10 10:28:01 CST 2002

Attached is an edited sourcefile that will enable the driver to build.  If
you want to edit the dcesm.c yourself, change first 3 malloc. and vmalloc.h
to slab.h and then the driver will build.  Implicit rules in 2.4.18-1xxx
kernels were changed and malloc was deprecated and fails due to that.
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian E. Seppanen [mailto:seppy at chartermi.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 9:29 AM
To: Linux-Poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Dynamic Kernel support for kernels 2.4.18-18.7.xsmp

I've got a couple of poweredge 1650's running Openmanage 1.2 on redhat
linux 7.3, and I've tried upgrading the kernels to the newest redhat
errata kernels (2.4.18-18.7.xsmp).  Doing so gives me the following errors
and dynamic kernel support will not work.

Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18-18.7.xsmp/misc/esm.o

with depmod -e

I get the following
pci_write_config_word_Rsmp_eb06a06f
pci_wirte_config_byte_Rsmp_c8265797
pci_find_slot_Rsmp_496697bb
pci_read_config_byte_Rsmp_90c21225
pci_write_config_dword_Rsmp_57e8add4
register_chrdev_Rsmp_51ef93c2
pci_read_config_word_Rsmp_4433deb0
pci_read_config_dword_Rsmp_66468a6e

I have the headers, glibc-kernheaders, and all of the other necessities
for dynamic kernel support and it works fine up to 2.4.18-10smp.

Is there any way to resolve these dependencies or get the newer kernels to
coexist with the upgrades.

The newest errata fixes a local denial of service, so that patch would be
nice to have.

thanks,

Brian Seppanen
seppy at chartermi.net