Duplex Questions

Anthony Porcano aporcano at kaplan.com
Mon Dec 9 09:31:00 CST 2002

Phil,

According to /proc/net/PRO_LAN_Adapters/eth0.info the adapter is at 100
half, which does not match what procfg is reporting. My hunch is that
there is just something wrong with procfg, and I am not invested enough
in it to start debugging it at this point. I will simply use the /proc
fs for adapter state information in the future.

My plan of resolution for this issue is to force the adapters to 100
full via modules.conf so they match the switch configuration. I have
been told by a few members of this list that the preferred method would
be to let both the switch and the adapter auto-negotiate to 100 full,
but changes to the switch are out of my hands.

Thanks to everyone on this list who took the time to respond. Your help
has been invaluable, and is much appreciated.

Thanks,
  Anthony