Any workarounds/suggestions for "megaraid: No BIOS found" problem?

Goncalo Abecasis goncalo at umich.edu
Fri Dec 6 17:55:01 CST 2002

Dear Jason and Ben,

I have a Perc4/Di controller. The megaraid driver I am using (version
1.18) is the one shipped by with Dell and also with the RedHat 7.3 kernel.
It seems to work as long as I boot up a RedHat kernel.

However, when I use a non-RedHat kernel (I have tried multiple openmosix
kernels) the driver gives the "megaraid: no BIOS" message. I was wondering
if I should be using a specific kernel path rather than trying to get the
loadable module to work.

Goncalo