Any workarounds/suggestions for "megaraid: No BIOS found" problem?

jason andrade jason at dstc.edu.au
Fri Dec 6 17:29:00 CST 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Goncalo Abecasis wrote:

> I am trying to incorporate a brand new Dell PowerEdge 2600 server into our
> Linux cluster. The cluster is running OpenMosix.
>
> After replacing the redhat kernel with an OpenMosix kernel, I get the
> error message "megaraid: No BIOS found" and boot stops with a kernel panic
> a little later.
>
> Are there any known workarounds or does anyone have any suggestions?

does your 2650 use the built in hardware raid (aacraid).  if so, maybe the
openmosix kernel wasn't compiled to support that.

the megaraid message appears to be because your system thinks that you
have a megaraid controller installed (do you?) but it cannot see it
when it boots.  the megaraid controllers are external cards, usually
a dell PERC2 or PERC3

regards,

-jason