Duplex Questions

Anthony Porcano aporcano at kaplan.com
Fri Dec 6 11:42:01 CST 2002

I recently setup 2 Poweredge 1650's with RedHat 7.3, and I was hoping
that someone from the list could help me out with a question I have
about duplex settings on the Intel e1000's that come stock in these
servers.

One of the first things I noticed in setting up the servers was the
advent of the procfg utility and the procfgd daemon process. However
this is where the confusion comes in.

Dmesg is reporting that my interfaces are being brought up at half
duplex; however, the adapters listing of procfg lists both at full
duplex.

Has anyone run into anything like this? Any suggestions?

Thanks Much,
   Anthony

Anthony Porcano
Systems Engineer, Kaplan Inc.