Duplicate server with broken mirror

Fri Dec 6 08:31:01 CST 2002

Down the system and pull the drive and put it in the same slot on the other
server and bring it up.  It won't know if it is failed or not if you pull it
while it's down.
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: webpost at ntlworld.com [mailto:webpost at ntlworld.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 9:54 AM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Duplicate server with broken mirror

Hi All. I've got two PE4600s. One is fully set-up with its two 36GB disks
mirrored in one large container using the PERC 3/Di. I'd like to set up the
other computer in a near identical manner. I'm using Red Hat 7.3 as my OS.

How would I go about breaking the mirror using afacli and installing the
second disk in the second server? Would there be any problems with this
approach? I'm asking this from the RAID perspective. Obviously I'll need to
change the hostname, IP address, certificates etc. once I boot the duplicate
off-line.

Thanks,
Harry