redhat 8.0 install problems, poweredge 2300

Jeremy_Sheard@Dell.com Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com
Fri Dec 6 02:27:01 CST 2002

Matthew,

What RAID Controller do you have in your server?  i.e. PERC2/SC,
PERC2/DC, etc...

If you have a PERC2/SC and you are NOT at Firmware v3.13, that is your
problem.  You have to be at fw 3.13 before any version of RH Linux can
be installed.  To download this firmware, go out to our ftp.
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/scsi-raid/ and the filename for F/W v3.13 is:
p2sc313.exe.  If this is not the case, then I would recommend you go into
the BIOS of the Raid controller and do an "Initialize" and then attempt the
RH 8.0 Install.

Let us know if one or both recommendations fixed it.

Thank You,

Jeremy Sheard
DELL Server Support