Duplicate server with broken mirror

webpost@ntlworld.com webpost at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 5 09:54:00 CST 2002

Hi All. I've got two PE4600s. One is fully set-up with its two 36GB disks mirrored in one large container using the PERC 3/Di. I'd like to set up the other computer in a near identical manner. I’m using Red Hat 7.3 as my OS.

How would I go about breaking the mirror using afacli and installing the second disk in the second server? Would there be any problems with this approach? I'm asking this from the RAID perspective. Obviously I'll need to change the hostname, IP address, certificates etc. once I boot the duplicate off-line.

Thanks,
Harry