PE350 and KVM switch

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Wed Dec 4 22:08:00 CST 2002

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 bscott at ntisys.com wrote:

>   However, keep in mind that the PS/2 keyboard/mouse controller was never
> designed to be hotplugged.  Doing so can damage it.It is rather rare -- I

Not true. I believe that Microsoft's PC design guidelines have specified
hotpluggable keyboard/mice since at least around PC98. Yes, it is true
that earlier ones may not have been, but any relatively modern PC should
be hotplug capable for PS/2.

It's just a shame that Microsoft's own OS cannot take advantage of it
(especially since they were the ones doing the design guidelines). :-)

--
Michael