2400 RAID5 Problem Part 2

Shawn Neumann shawn at domain7.com
Wed Dec 4 21:43:00 CST 2002

Thanks for the assistance on my post yesterday!  It was very helpful (I
already passed that along to Matt).

With Dell's 4 hour service they had a new drive out for us today and we
replaced the dead drive - a very nice response.  They sent an 18 Gig
drive even though the RAID is 8.47 Gig drives x 5.  We put in the new
drive and are unclear as to proceeding - the tech person that came with
the drive indicated it should rebuild on it's own.  The Dell support
person gave us some afacli commands to (run although he seemed new and
not to confident on how to proceed).  It has been about 5 hours since
the drive was replaced and I don't see much evidence of any process of
rebuilding.

Just wondering if anyone has pointers on proceeding from this point
forward?  The following is the current state of the controller and the
disk list:

AFA0> container list
Executing: container list
Num          Total  Oth Chunk          Scsi   Partition
Label Type   Size   Ctr Size   Usage   B:ID:L Offset:Size
----- ------ ------ --- ------ ------- ------ -------------
 0    RAID-5 33.8GB       32KB Open    0:00:0 64.0KB:8.47GB
 /dev/sda             MAIN             0:01:0 64.0KB:8.47GB
                                       0:02:0 64.0KB:8.47GB
                                         --- Missing ---
                                       0:04:0 64.0KB:8.47GB

AFA0> disk list
Executing: disk list

B:ID:L  Device Type     Blocks    Bytes/Block Usage            Shared Rate
0:00:0   Disk            17783239  512         Initialized      NO     80
0:01:0   Disk            17783239  512         Initialized      NO     80
0:02:0   Disk            17783239  512         Initialized      NO     80
0:03:0   Disk            0         0           Offline          NO     0
0:04:0   Disk            17783239  512         Initialized      NO     80

Cheers & thanks!
Shawn