Common Courtesy

Ed Griffin edg at ll.mit.edu
Wed Dec 4 15:50:00 CST 2002

Folks,

Recently I have seen some posts on this mail group that have made me sit
back and shake my head, after all this is by far some of the best support
one could hope for and we don't even have to pay for it.  Some people out
there don't seem to realize the caliber of people that Matt Domsch and the
guys at Dell and Redhat really are.  These are the guys that are in the
trenches every day writing and testing the code that makes it possible for
us to run in production environments.  Without them where would you be??? I
think we should all try to remember to treat them with respect and also
remember that they don't have to respond to our posts, they do it because
they want to.  Dell could start charging for this service as could Redhat,
and it would be a bargain for any price.  Try not to take these people for
granted, I for one really value their insight and expertise and I don't
want to see a few people ruin it for the rest of us.

Thank you to Matt, Steve, Arjan, Jeff, and any others I missed.  You guys
definitely know a heck of a lot more than the rest of us and I for one
appreciate your efforts.

--Ed

*** Please note the views I express are my own and do in no way reflect the
views of my employer ***

Ed Griffin
Assistant Network/System Administrator
MIT Lincoln Laboratory - Weather Sensing
Phone:    (781) 981-2871
mailto:edg at ll.mit.edu