2400 RAID5 Problems

Wed Dec 4 09:08:01 CST 2002

> Either way, though, my question to Shawn is, what does /dev/afa0 look
> like?  Mine, on a PE2400 with RedHat 6.2 (2.2.14-5.0smp):
>
> crw-------    1 root     root     254,   0 Apr 11  2002 /dev/afa0

The exact devnode (in this case char major 254) will vary, as it's
dynamically assigned by the kernel, thus based on module load order and what
else requested a dynamic devnode.  The afacli script (which calls afacli.bin
later) first sets up /dev/afa0 based on what's found in /proc/devices.  If
you think the node is wrong, delete it and afacli *should* recreate it
properly, else run /dev/MAKEDEV.afa to create it.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch