PE350 and KVM switch

JP Vossen vossenjp at netaxs.com
Tue Dec 3 17:47:01 CST 2002

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Collins, Kevin wrote:

> I have almost the same thing happening on my PE2400s and that same model
> Belkin KVM switch.  If the Server is not the "active" selection on the
> KVM switch, the PE2400s do not find either the mouse or the keyboard.
> This causes the boot process to stop.  I have to cycle the power of the
> PE2400s and make the server "active" to get the server running again.

[snip]

Not sure if this will help, but it's been my experience that you can plug and
unplug keyboards at will from Linux boxes and it just works (unlike
DOS/Windows).  I've never tried that with a mouse that I recall.

So is there a BIOS setting like "stop on all errors except keyboard" or
something that allows you to run headless?  If that is set, then presumably
the boot process will complete.  Then making it active on the KVM would be
like suddenly attaching a "new" keyboard.

It's a theory anyway...

Later,
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP              |:::======|                jp at jpsdomain.org
"The software said it requires Windows 98 or better, so I installed
Linux..."