PE350 and KVM switch

Collins, Kevin KCollins at nesbittengineering.com
Tue Dec 3 15:49:01 CST 2002

Tom:

I have almost the same thing happening on my PE2400s and that same model
Belkin KVM switch.  If the Server is not the "active" selection on the
KVM switch, the PE2400s do not find either the mouse or the keyboard.
This causes the boot process to stop.  I have to cycle the power of the
PE2400s and make the server "active" to get the server running again.

I do not believe this is caused by my Servers, I think this model KVM
switch doesn't keep send the right response to the server that says
"Hey, I'm a keyboard, I'm fine...and by the way, so is the mouse." if
the right server is not "active".  I say this because I have a Dimension
4500 on the same KVM switch and it does the same thing.

The only workaround I have is to keep the right Server "active" during
the reboot process.

Sounds like we need to get a different KVM switch or live with it.  In
fact, I've lived with for nearly two years now and I'm just accustomed
to it.

Sorry for not being helpful,

Kevin L. Collins, MCSE
Systems Manager