Magic SysRq (was RE: The system takes over)

Seth Mos knuffie at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 3 12:40:01 CST 2002

At 17:24 3-12-2002 +0000, Basil Hussain wrote:

>The advice given was to check if you can change the hot key on the KVM.
>Alternatively, buy another KVM... We have a Belkin model that uses the
>scroll lock key to access the OSD. No-one ever uses scroll lock, right? :-)

Right. If the Scroll lock is on when you last switched console, you can't
reboot/halt the server remotely. It it still waiting on the console for
someone to press scroll lock to switch it off.

This is very annoying since I still need to walk to the serverroom to press
the stupid key to make it continue the reboot process. If the server is in
a rack a 1 hour drive it away it is even more then annoying.

Cheers

--
Seth