1650 and VFS: unable to mount root fs

Jim Strong strong at colltech.com
Tue Dec 3 09:33:00 CST 2002

Lars,

In 2.4.7 kernels (RH 7.2), there was a different version of the aacraid
driver.  In 7.3+, it uses Alan Cox's aacraid driver.
We had the same symptoms, this was caused by the following in
/etc/modules.conf:
options aacraid aacraid_pciid=0x1028,0x0A,0x1028,0x011B

Remove the options line for aacraid, remake your initrd and try again
if this is the case.

--
jim strong