scsi0/scsi1 woes

Mon Dec 2 22:10:01 CST 2002

What's on the aic7xxx?  That shouldn't matter at all what comes up as what
if it doesn't have any hard drives on it.  Check and make sure that you
compiled the kernel with ext3 support as module and you did you initrd
correctly.
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Anton Tropashko [mailto:anton at sequoiap.com]
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 9:03 PM
To: linux-aacraid-devel at exchange.dell.com
Subject: scsi0/scsi1 woes

Hi there.
I boot kernel that was part of RedHat update to 7.3
and AIC7XXX comes up as scsi0 and PERCRAID mirror comes up on scsi1.

I'm trying to boot the 2.4.18 that I compiled from sources and
PERCRAID comes up on scsi0. AIC7XXX comes up on scsi1. Subsequently
the system can not mount root dir as readable/writable and hangs on
and attempt to write into /var/log/

Any ideas on how I could deal with this?