debugging high load averages..

jason andrade jason at dstc.edu.au
Mon Dec 2 16:42:01 CST 2002

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Rechenberg, Andrew wrote:

> Memory is fairly cheap again.  You can get 2GB for a 2550 (used as an
> example, may be more for your system) for around $360.  Not bad, IMO.

we have a bunch of 2450s and are looking at replacing them within 6
months if things work out.  that's why we're trying to avoid replacing
memory in them, especially since the 2450 only takes a max of 2G (using
512M dimms) and the memory from it is not reusable in any later models
(e.g the 26XX series).

chris pascoe has provided some debugging hints and i will try and see
if i can follow those the next time this comes up.

regards,

-jason