PE2600 and RedHat 7.2 (or 7.1, or RHAS 2.1)

Pierre Wendling pwendling at sopragroup.com
Mon Dec 2 05:41:00 CST 2002

Hi,

I'm about to buy 3 PE2600. On Dell website, one can only select RH7.3 or
8.0. Unfortunately, due to applications qualification, I'll have to run
  RedHat 7.2 (maybe even 7.1, or RedHat Advanced Server 2.1, still to be
qualified with software vendors). I'll be able to update the kernel
after install though (and patch it with up-to-date PERC and NIC drivers).

Is anybody doing that already ? Any particular issue with some hardware
at install time or after ?

Sorry if this is a FAQ, I've looked and couldn't find any info

TIA
Pierre

Pierre Wendling, DMI/SC, Sopra Group, Annecy, France