PE 1550 e100 driver stops working

Gunther Schlegel schlegel at riege.de
Mon Dec 2 02:16:00 CST 2002

Hi all,

since one week I am experiencing the loss of network connection on a PE
1550( dual-cpu, RedHat 7.3, kernel 2.4.18-18.7.xsmp ). I just use eth0.

The driver always gives this error message:

e100_wait_exec_simple: failed

afterwards the card is dead until reboot. I tried to unload the module,
but on modprobe e100 the kernel crashed.

I originally used the e100 driver included with the kernel ( driver
version 2.1.6 or so ), than switched to the ones DELL supplied on their
website ( 2.0.35 ) and than switched to the ones Intel released ( 2.1.24
). It all does not help.

Has anybody seen this ?

any hint is appreciated, Gunther

--
Gunther Schlegel                    Riege Software International GmbH
Manager System Administration                            Mollsfeld 10

Disclaimer:
You may grab my GPG key from http://www.keyserver.net .
A nonproportional font is recommended for reading.