aacraid AAC error messages being clipped

BSmith@lyrix.com BSmith at lyrix.com
Tue Apr 30 14:02:00 CDT 2002

Hi all,

  I've got a Dell PE2500 with a Perc 3/Di RAID controller with RedHat 7.2
installed by me using an automated installer that I plan on using to build
many machines with the exact same partitions, rpm packages, rpm updates,
and system configuration options. The kernel is 2.4.9-13 and does not have
any aacraid patches applied to it. I really don't want to have to build a
special kernel since I want to use the "rpm" method of updating the systems
and keeping the systems as "standard" as possible is important to reduce
the complexity. The kernel was downloaded directly from RedHat's support
web site. The kernel version cannot be changed due to special requirements
related to other drivers in the system. If any messages display on the
console or to /var/log/messages related to the aacraid driver, all messages
are clipped short  like this:

Apr 30 10:40:45 test1 kernel: AAC:ID(0:
Apr 30 10:40:45 test1 kernel: AAC:Drive
Apr 30 10:40:45 test1 kernel: AAC:Drive
Apr 30 10:40:46 test1 kernel: AAC:Mirro
Apr 30 10:40:55 test1 kernel: AAC:Mirro

No other messages that appear in the messages file look clipped like this.
Needless to say these messages are useless.
Has anyone else seen this or knows what may be misconfigured to cause the
aacraid error messages to appear like this?

- Brian Smith