NAS + NFS

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi at uleth.ca
Tue Apr 30 12:37:00 CDT 2002

David,

    I question the need for many files, do we need to have an /etc/exports
directory containing a file for how to deal with exporting nfs mounts for
every machine trying to connect to the server, no its too time consuming, I
mean wouldn't it be easier to slap in on the machine one say qmail.conf file
with all the relevent settings, I have attached a simple default configure
file for you to illustrate my point. I mean /etc/ is a good place for
putting configuration stuff, I guess that maybe you are correct, if my ORS
site were a bigger site maybe having Exim read a flat file with some details
would help, but nonetheless, its very compact in one file with all the
goodies for any size site, if you were a larger site you wouldn't be using
flat files now would you. LDAP or  something like MySQL would do the trick.

    Cheers,

        Aly.

Aly Dharshi
System Administrator ORS
aly.dharshi at uleth.ca
aly.dharshi at cs.uleth.ca

Got *nix ? *nix the better alternative to Winblows