NAS + NFS

Seth Mos knuffie at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 30 10:21:00 CDT 2002

On 30 Apr 2002, Sean McAvoy wrote:

> Hello,
> I've had some problems lately with the highmem option enabled and XFS.
> Do you have any system with XFS and highmem (4gb+ RAM) enabled, and if
> so have you had any odd crashing problems? Thanks!

What kernel are you running and what sort of machine?
I don't have acces to a machine with >4GB ram so I can't comment on that.

Arjan van de Ven also told me that there might be highmem problems when
the kernel is compiled with the older kgcc compiler. So can you try
compiling the kernel with a late gcc-2.96 like -85 or -98 if I remember
correctly.

Have you already searched the linux-xfs mailinglist archives at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/ ?

There are some other people running a config like this AFAIK.

Cheers
Seth