NAS + NFS

Jerker Nyberg jerker at update.uu.se
Tue Apr 30 04:34:00 CDT 2002

Hello Aly and all,

Yes, I was a little bit indistinct(?) in my message... I wouldn't say I
recommend Sendmail/Procmail/UW-IMAP to someone that have the possibility
now to choose a mailserver of their choise. But for someone like me, that
have historically been using Mbox-folders with this combination, the
UW-IMAP-patches makes it possible to begin to atleast change from
MBox-folders to Maildir-folders. The Maildir-format makes a big
performance improvment for users running IMAP with gigantic mailboxes.

Later I would like to switch from Sendmail to Postfix.

And I would like something that are using sieve
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3028.html instead of Procmail.

I would love something else than UW-IMAP, but I have not found anything
else that can handle Mbox- and Maildir-folders at the same time so that a
per user switch from Mbox- to Maildirs-folders is possible.

If I had the possibility to build a new system from scratch, I would say
your recipie sounds good. (Although, since I have no experience at all of
Exim I would maybe first have a look at Qmail and Postfix. All of them
sounds good though.)

Regards,
Jerker Nyberg.
Uppsala Sweden.