NAS + NFS

John C jcouncilman at knology.net
Mon Apr 29 12:14:00 CDT 2002

We use Qmail... It's built to be NFS safe.

Once qmail accepts a message, it guarantees that it won't be lost. qmail
also supports a new mailbox format that works reliably even over NFS without
locking

And that claim is true.  I have never had any problems with NFS.
Currently, I have 17 mail servers sharing the same Netapp.