PE4600 and Console Redirection

Marc Schmitt schmitt at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 29 10:46:00 CDT 2002

For the log: I just tried with a LANTronix EPS4 (yup, I know, old old
old...) and it gives me exactly the same results as the IOLAN.

I might get a Cisco AS2511-RJ next week for testing, but not sure yet.

Anyway, I don`t think that`s the idea. It seems like PE servers which
allow to set a fixed baud rate for console redirection in the BIOS work
much better together with access/terminal servers. It`s nice to see that
the PE4600 console redirection works with my laptop using HyperTerminal
(autodetect!), but in terms of remote administration, this doesn`t bring
me anything at all...

If I wish this feature (more flexible console redirection setup in the
BIOS) to be considered by Dell, whom should I email to? Or is that
pointless anyway?

TIA

Regards,
	Marc