hardware raid more trouble than its worth?

Ries van twisk rvt at dds.nl
Sun Apr 28 03:27:00 CDT 2002

if speed was a big issue (streaming media and such) then go for software
raid but in any other situation I would go for hardware raid.

I have very good experiances with hardware raid and I'm currenty
configurating a PE2450 in HW raid 1 again. This is a office machine with
only a 10 to 15 people connected to the system. HW never failed on my
machines and that are currently 3 PE linux debian machines.

Ries