X Server problems

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi at uleth.ca
Sat Apr 27 12:40:01 CDT 2002

All,

    Before I left for the weekend, I checked to make sure that the service
xfs was running, oddly enough the gdm manager is running and if you HUP it,
it try's to restart but with no avail. Then is dies with the font not found.
An odd thing is that during the Xconfigurator setup the windows system gets
tested and works and it sets it to start upon boot and all that fun-do
stuff, exit the program and try testing by startx and boom that error pops
up.

    Thank you for the tmp and the rest of the ideas, but since that server
is not accessible from home it will have to be Sunday or Monday before I can
give some ideas a try. But please keep suggesting, if anything pop's into
your mind please let me know. It would be good to know why all the kernels
feel the same way !!

    Cheers,

        - Aly -

Aly Dharshi
System Administrator ORS
aly.dharshi at uleth.ca
aly.dharshi at cs.uleth.ca

Got *nix ? *nix the better alternative to Winblows