Sorry for the question

JHoskins98@aol.com JHoskins98 at aol.com
Fri Apr 26 19:25:01 CDT 2002

Hey, I have some 1650s without raid cards and was looking into using the
Software RAID that was available in the kernel.  Installed it and it works
but....  Linux did not detect that I had removed a disk.  Linux did not
detect that I put it back.  Only after I remove the second disk, put it back
in and stopped the raid and then tried to restart it did it choke.

So understanding that I should probably get the DRAC card next time, anyone
have any experience with the soft raid option?  Any insight would be helpful.
 Want to understand if this is a not so fruitful path now.

Thanks,
jhh