Debian on a Poweredge 1650

Sean McAvoy sean.mcavoy at megawheels.com
Thu Apr 25 15:25:01 CDT 2002

Woody is almost ready to be come stable, the tentative date is May 1st.
I had some hesitation about using woody on my production boxes, but
speaking with many other people, I decided to go with woody, and I've
had no problems. I mirrored the i386 packages locally, and then install
all of my systems from that. This way all the package versions will be
kept the same. After woody becomes stable, I will then install a new
system from my mirror, configure it, then update it with the new stable
woody, test, then roll out. If you still want to get it going on 2.2r6
then you'll need boot floppies that support aacraid. Matt Domsch's Linux
page(http://domsch.com/linux/) is the best resource for Debian on Dell,
it should have some links to how-to's and such for Debian on dell.