Hubbard, David dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Thu Apr 25 14:50:01 CDT 2002

Sorry to be a nuisance, but could you or anyone on the
list point me in the direction of a tutorial on creating
kickstart boot floppies?  I have built custom kernels
before with no problems, but never a custom boot
floppy.  I have read posts in google about needing to
build your own bootnet.img for other hardware but I
can't seem to find instructions on how to do this
anywhere.

For the 1650 specifically, why is a binary driver from
Intel necessary?  My stock RedHat 7.2 cd seems to
detect the on-board e1000 NIC's without problems, or
is it actually loading the binary driver?  I got the
feeling from Intel's site that the driver was
source code that builds modules, or is it actually
just object code with a make file?

Thanks,

David