Debian on a Poweredge 1650

Hubbard, David dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Thu Apr 25 14:46:00 CDT 2002

Jean-Claude, your problem is probably what I needed
help with this morning, the fact that the stock
linux kernels don't know abut the PCI ID of the new
Perc3/Di.  From RedHat you have to follow these
steps, maybe Debian has something similar:

    1.  Boot the first CD. At the boot prompt type:  expert noprobe
     2.  When prompted for the driver disk say:  No
     3.  When prompted for the driver to load choose: aacraid and check the
box for passing extra options to the driver.
     4.  The next screen you will need the following:
aacraid_pciid=0x1028,0xa,0x1028,0x011b
     5.  You may then select the additional drivers you may need by the
regular method.
     6.  The standard graphical install will begin and you should proceed
with standard at this point.

David