Debian on a Poweredge 1650

Jean-Claude Ben jean-claude.ben at wanadoo.fr
Thu Apr 25 14:13:00 CDT 2002

Hi

I've just received a shiny new Dell PowerEdge 1650 server.
When I tried to install my favourite Linux distribution (Debian of
course) i was very disapointed to see that the Perc3/Di raid controller
wasn't recognised by my boot floppies (which works perfectly well with
the poweredge 2450).

When i tried to install Redhat 7.2 it didn't worked neither and I had to
install it from the install CD received with the server. This install
will probably work but i'd prefer to use Debian instead.

Is there a way to install any other distribution ?

--
Jean-Claude Ben
i-Medias  /  Service Commun Informatique