OMSA Web Interface dead

Chris Chabot chabotc at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 25 13:16:00 CDT 2002

I have been playing with the Dell OMSA tools for a while, but somehow i can not get the web interface working correctly.

I have re-installed the omsa tools again using the script that someone posted to this list a while back, and everything _used_ to be working. However, when i start the services & omsawd, i get a 'connection reset' error whenever i try to go to the omsawd port (http://localhost:1311/ and/or http://machine.name.com:1311/) (Yes the port is open in the firewall).

The only messages i can find in my log files are:
(messages)
Apr 25 20:08:44 ns2 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-6
Apr 25 20:08:44 ns2 last message repeated 2 times
Apr 25 20:08:44 ns2 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-37
Apr 25 20:08:44 ns2 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-37

(dmesg)
omaws32 uses obsolete (PF_INET,SOCK_PACKET)

Are there any other log files i can look at to diagnose the problem?

The machine is a PE2550, running Redhat 7.2 with a linux 2.4.18 kernel.

Any help/info would be greatly apreciated!

    -- Chris Chabot