PE4600 and Console Redirection

Jos De Graeve Jos.DeGraeve at xs4all.Be
Thu Apr 25 09:57:00 CDT 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Marc Schmitt wrote:

> The PE4600 BIOS autodetects the speed (supported are 9600, 19.2K, 57.6K
> or 115.2K accordingly to the manual), I`ve tried all of them.
> It looks like the *auto-negociation* right at the beginning of POST
> between the IOLAN and the PE fails.

Well, Marc

I have the same problem with the PE2500.  I cannot make the bios console
redirection work with a terminal server.  It only works when i attach a
notebook to the machine (have you tried that ?).  It seems to me that the
auto-negociation thing is not working with a terminal server connected to
the serial port.

On the other hand, the PE1550 bios allowes console redirection, but here
one can set the baudrate fixed in the bios.  This works much better.  Our
company has a whole rack of these servers all connected to some old
PortMasterII terminal servers.  The bios console redir. on these systems
almost worked out-of-the-box.

Regards,
Jos

--